Atelier Elie
Hopping onto this title similar to Atelier Marie which I went through prior, while not only exceeding my initial expectations, ended up being a more than worthwhile experience that scratched the same itch in a way that continues to set this series apart from many other games in the same genre.
Mechanically it's largely the same as its predecessor, using the same general basis and layout the former title already established with its whole alchemy crafting system and style of a hybrid of RPG and slight touch of adventure game, yet within all of this it expands nicely on what the first title already established and feels overall much more fleshed out with a lot of fun stuff to be found. There are for instance several events with some fairly beautifully animated cutscenes that let you feel the production value and once more various endings to be unlocked that make the whole experience pretty engaging throughout with a lot of charm.
From this on it's all the more cool to see where some of the characters are at after the time skip to the first game, there's a sense of progression that feels natural and makes it exciting to explore all the various areas and little mysteries that can be found. The cast in general stands out pretty nicely and I for one fairly enjoyed most of the characters while getting through the various events that can be found.
Elfir Traum on that note, besides her already adorable name (Traum translating to "dream"), also ended up being a lovely protagonist and I enjoyed her quite a bit. She's distinctive from Marie but still encompasses this same kind of charm that makes her feel rather relatable and fun to be around. She's really cute and I came to kind of adore her paired with her lovely voice lines that suit her personality nicely.
If only, and one thing I could point out, it would've been neat if there was even more to be found in regard to character events. To some extent I feel like the characters still had a bit of potential to be fleshed out even more. In any case though, what's there works well together within the rather lighthearted atmosphere and makes for a relaxing, all the more fun experience that has the right spark of captivation to it that makes it easy to go in and play it for a while.
Otherwise I get the feeling I already said most in the prior brief write-up about Atelier Marie and there's not necessarily a whole lot of new thoughts I had to talk about other than that I believe this title succeeds well in what it sets out to do, hence I'm slowly gonna cap it off here before only ending up repeating myself. A great game all around and one that furthermore goes to show the strengths of this series. Really love this shoujo esque style of RPG and wish there would be more stuff like it out there.
Thus as one message of this title encompasses...
...Let hopes and dreams come true through the wonders of alchemy
Ghonf

Comments
Post a Comment